The best water purifier for you is the best purifier that meets your specific needs. So, before you purchase a water purifier, don’t directly research which is the best brand, but research your own needs.
Table of Contents
- What is the TDS of your water?
- How much are you willing to spend?
- How many people are going to use the water purifier?
- Is there microbial contamination frequently in your area?
- Is the turbidity of the water supply to your home very high?
- What is the likelihood of your moving from place to place?
- Pureit Classic RO + UV Water Purifier
What is the TDS of your water?
Measure the TDS of your water. Use a good quality TDS meter to measure the TDS quotient of your water supply and keep checking it from time to time to get an accurate average. The TDS quotient has a role to play in deciding which purification technology you should go for. If your TDS is in the range of 300 ppm to 500 ppm, you can run the show with just a UV purifier, but if your TDS is anything more than 500 ppm, you need an RO purifier that promises to eliminate more than 95% of the total dissolved solids.
How much are you willing to spend?
Decide on what your budget is going to be. Please treat the purchase of a water purifier as an investment that ensures your health and your family’s health. Account for things like readily available service which only good brands will provide. Be as flexible as possible as purity of drinking water is not something you want to comprise upon.
How many people are going to use the water purifier?
Decide on the storage capacity of your water purifier. If you are a large family, don’t skimp on the water storage capacity as the water purifier is of no use without sufficient water in it. Also, if the electricity or water supply in your area fluctuates, it makes sense to purchase a water purifier with a larger capacity as it can store and purify water during the supply hours and last you during the day even when there is no supply.
Is there microbial contamination frequently in your area?
Are you or your family members experiencing frequent gastric upsets? Microbial contamination could be a cause. Invest in a good UV purifier that promises to eliminate 99% of the microbes like bacteria, viruses, protozoa and cysts. If your TDS is in the above 500 ppm bracket, then opt for a purifier that pairs UV with RO technology as you want the pesticides, heavy metals and other organic and inorganic matter dissolved in the water to be purified.
Is the turbidity of the water supply to your home very high?
Then, opt for a UV purifier paired with RO as the RO helps in purifying the water to a large extent before it sends it into the UV chamber for sterilization. With turbidity, the radiation from a UV lamp may get scattered and may not effectively work on deactivating the nucleic code of the microbes, its modus operandi in eliminating microbial contamination.
What is the likelihood of your moving from place to place?
If you happen to be a frequent mover, then you should opt for an RO purifier at the very least as the TDS of the water is going to vary and you do not want to buy a unit that doesn’t accommodate the variation.
Then, opt for a brand that promises safe protocol while installing and servicing the purifier during pandemic times like these. Opt for a high-end brand as it offers you ample resources to initially investigate into the snag and has a technician’s service just a call away. Select for a brand that follows stringent international norms of microbiologically safe drinking water. Opt for a brand that offers food-safe, toxicity free and engineering-grade plastic so that it will not release toxins into the water stream that the purifier dispenses.
Opt for a brand like Pureit from Hindustan Unilever Limited that offers you all the above privileges and offers you a wide range of products to choose from. However, don’t let the wide-range deter you by identifying what your specific needs are and then mapping the product to your needs.
Pureit Classic RO + UV Water Purifier
‘Pureit Classic RO + UV’ has a 6-stage purification system that ensures you get water that is ‘As safe as boiled water’ and also removes excess total dissolved solids (TDS) to make your water tastier.
1.Stage One: The water passes through the Pre-Sediment Filter which removes fine and coarse particulate impurities/dirt.
2. Stage Two: The Pre-RO Carbon Filter that removes chlorine and organic impurities like harmful pesticides. It also adsorbs bad taste and odour-causing organic compounds from water.
3. Stage Three: It involves the Post-Carbon Sediment Filter which removes the remaining dirt.
4. Stage Four: The water passes through the RO Membrane at high pressure, with the help of an inbuilt pump. The RO removes dissolved salts, hardness, pesticides, and heavy metals like arsenic, lead, and mercury. It also removes microbial contaminants like bacteria, viruses, protozoa, and parasites.
5. Stage five: The Micro-Filtration (MF) / UV Chamber which acts as an additional assurance of safety towards microbial contaminants.
6. Stage Six: The Post-RO Carbon Filter removes bad odors and enhances the taste of purified water.