Bodyweight exercises are becoming more and more popular today. The exercise techniques like plank are now followed by many people. It is simple to do and that is the reason why many people do it daily. It also tests your endurance and helps you fatten your belly. The more time you can hold a plank the better you will be able to perfect it. Moreover, there are short-term planks too long term planks. Know more about the plank here.
What is a plank?
The plank is simple exercise method that will help you to build stability and strength. There are many different methods to do planks. The main goal of the plank is to keep your body perpendicular to the ground and elevate the torso. You have to use the elbows for support. You must not move the body but have to keep the body in a same position. But this is also a strenuous exercise.
Why is plank popular?
The plank is a popular exercise because of many things. For many people, it is the most preferred exercise. You can keep plank as part of your daily routine exercise. Here are some of the points that will help you to learn about the plank.
- It is a body weight exercise. These are the types of exercise that you do with your own body weight.
- The body weight exercises can get done anywhere. You must need a wall for leaning or a chair for support.
- This is a great exercise because it will help your core.
- The plank helps to strengthen the muscles in your body. This also helps people who like to do cardio training.
- The kids can also start doing the planks because it benefits all. It is also easy for them to do. They can stay physically fit.
- Planks can help to develop the posture. Your gait will improve so you can walk and move confidently. You will also look tall.
- If you are suffering from back pain because of work or stress then the plank pose will help you to get rid of it. It aligns the vertebrae. The muscles will become free so the pain will go away.
- You can keep the balance of your body if you do plank daily.
- You can become flexible if you do planks daily.
- If you are going through stress or anxiety then planks can balance the state of mind. Your body releases endorphins that can make you feel happy.
How to do the plank?
First, you must learn to do a basic plank exercise. There are different types of planks and each technique interconnected with one another. For instance, if you want to do a high plank you must learn to do a front plank. Here are the steps that will help you.
- The elbows must be under the shoulders.
- The wrists that touch the ground must be straight
- You have to push the body upwards and have to keep the chin tight to the neck. You must leave some space from the ground.
- Beginners must do the exercise for 30 seconds.
These are the information we have gathered about planks. Do the exercise daily and find good improvement in your body.
Also read: Try These 6 Exercises To Get Rid of Flabby Love Handles